Here is a simple exercise that you can do at home with no exercise equipment.
It works the longus capitis, longus colli, SCM (sternocleidomastoid) muscles.
The purpose of this exercise is to increase neck strength and muscular endurance.
The benefits are improved stability, functional strength and injury prevention.
Begin by lying on the back with the head extended off the table, maintaining a chin tuck position.
Slowly extend the head back towards the floor and then raise the head, returning to the initial neutral starting position and repeat as instructed.
Move slowly through the range of motion.
Slowly return to start position.
Repeat for prescribed repetitions and sets.
© 2005-2010 WebExercises, Inc., Patent Pending, All Rights Reserved.
- Chiropractor Maitland shares intermediate level abdominal exercise.
- Chiropractor in Maitland Explains Knee Exercises for Beginners
- Maitland Chiropractor shares ankle exercises for beginners.
- Chiropractor Maitland shares shoulder exercises for beginners.
- Chiropractor Maitland shares low back exercises for beginners.